Pratik

MSP430F5529 USB HID Example for Energia

Hello,

I want to design a datalogger and to create USB Mass Storage when I connect board.

I did not find Examples related to MSP430F5529 for Energia.

So, please suggest me Energia example/SDK related to "MSP430F5529".

Thank you.

Regards,

Pratik Panchal 

I doubt you'll find any Energia USB-CDC examples.  For a USB SDK look at the MSP430Ware for the tools you will need. In addition to sample code for a CDC device, there's a primitive Java app that will give you a place to start for MSP430F55xx -> PC communication via USB.  I was able to convert one of the HID sample apps in conjunction with the supplied JAVA libs into a data capture app that interfaces at up to 1 KHz (on a good day, heading downhill with a tailwind). For my app, CDC was not an appropriate choice.

Thank you for a response, Sir.

But I want to do programming in C language, not Java.

And I found MSP430F5529(25MHz) board in Energia IDE.

But I am finding USB-MSC/HID based library who supported in Energia IDE.

15 hours ago, Pratik said:

And I found MSP430F5529(25MHz) board in Energia IDE.

But I am finding USB-MSC/HID based library who supported in Energia IDE.

There is C open source TI USB stack with examples (with one that you need is included)...

http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSP430_USB_Developers_Package/latest/index_FDS.html

Supported by CCS or IAR, not Energia.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:05 PM, Pratik said:

I only used Java to create a user interface to manage the msp430 data, collection and display on a PC; had no use/need for Java on the '430, which I doubt is even possible. Since the '430 doesn't present a user friendly interface for data its collecting, I used the Java app. to manage that aspect.  Of course, the alternative a Java app on the PC is a serial-based interface, which is used with great frequency for raw data displays.  But I needed a means to present a  rich UI for the researchers using the '430 and associated sensors, which was more easily (for me) accomplished in Java than working with a serial interface.

As others have noted, there are a number of resources for working with the 5529's USB peripheral, but I don't think there's an Energia implementation. So, if you REALLY want to program in C or even C++, download an appropriate compiler/Linker, study the TI User Guides, Google for code examples, and start experimenting in C.  In truth, there's no substitute for experience, experimenting, and especially for making mistakes and the figuring out how to fix them.  So, whether CCS, GCC or IAR, time to start writing code...