Jferrari

Compiler/CC3200-LAUNCHXL: "unresolved symbols remain" on Energia.h

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm not used to playing with C/C++ or even with compiled languages so maybe it'll be a dumb question but after a lot of research, I don't know what to do.

I have an issue at compilation in a CCS project for CC3200 and I've already posted a question in the compiler section of TI's forum. I got help : I know now that my error is that I'm trying to use methods defined in a header file without having the corresponding source file in the project. So I am getting an "undefined symbol" error on theses methods, as you can see on the following screenshot.

console_error.PNG.a5f323425e2a4d8daffe28ebd6f84c57.PNG

As I started my project in Energia IDE, I did some code using Energia's methods. Going on doing the project, I needed to add Free-RTOS. I never used Free-RTOS before so I took a demo project of Free-RTOS implementation for CC3200 as a base to do it. I succeeded to compile the demo project on my board.

Also, I imported my Energia sketch in my CCS workspace and I was also able to build it and run it correctly on the board (via CCS).

But then I tried to combine both project, and now I'm stuck with an issue.
I added code from my Energia Sketch in the Free-RTOS demo project. As I am using Energia methods and constants such as digitalWrite or pinMode, I was not surprised that the IDE and the compiler couldn't find them.

I investigated a bit to find out where these methods where defined and I found them in Energia.h. That's why I firstly tried to import this header only. Now that I have understood that I need the source file :), but I can't find it !

My last try was to look at the imports/symbols and file search paths of my imported Energia sketch in CCS (like the following) :

- Imported Energia sketch project

1.0buildvars.thumb.PNG.dd8ce6e9f54717dcefe548aef4fc07ec.PNG

- Free-RTOS demo project (my project)

1.1buildvars.thumb.PNG.0accf926af9bbd81f228f59aa557296f.PNG

I also read things about "lpcc3200_core" folder which was added when I imported the Energia Sketch. Maybe this is the core files that I need ?

I'm still stuck and now I wonder if it's even possible to correctly import Energia framework this way, or if I should either choose TI-RTOS or write again my Sketch directly in C/C++.

Thanks for reading me !

I investigated a bit and indeed, the files I need are situated in "lpcc3200_core" folder. But now I can't compile it, there is an error at "lpcc3200_core" 's compilation !

This is the error :

lpcc3200_coreERROR.thumb.PNG.b0a30e488e2e4dd2c810d7baf56f7409.PNG

I tried to delete all imported Energia projects from CCS and import a new empty Energia sketch. Even doing that, lpcc3200_core can't compile properly.

Also, I noticed that I have forgotten to give important information about my environment :
- CCS version : 6
- Compiler version : TI v16.9.3.LTS