hdurgatiwari

CC3200 Energia Multitasking Not working

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am trying multitasking energia example provided in energia webpage as well as example available with energia IDE. (http://energia.nu/guide/multitasking/)

However, the multitasking is not working. From the codes given in (http://energia.nu/guide/multitasking/) the section with setup/loop par is only operational while operations defined in setupGreenLed() / loopGreenLed() and setupRedLed()/loopRedLed() pairs are not executed. Kindly note that as mentioned each pair is declared as separate task.

If multiple task panels does not contain standard setup/loop pair following error is generated:

---------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\Tiwari\AppData\Local\Temp\build4973a9ae8611f59efc23ab687631bc5a.tmp/core\core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':

C:\Users\Tiwari\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\cc3200\1.0.2\cores\cc3200/main.cpp:39: undefined reference to `setup'

C:\Users\Tiwari\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\cc3200\1.0.2\cores\cc3200/main.cpp:42: undefined reference to `loop'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board CC3200-LAUNCHXL (80MHz).

-------------------------------------------------------

In essence in multiple tasks atleast one of the task must be declared specifically using "setup/loop" pair and not just any unique pair like " setup_x/loop_x ".

For reference I have added the Ino sketches.

I am wondering is multitasking requires some specific jumper connections or settings prior to usage.

Kindly suggest.

Thank you

multitask_energia_ex.zip

Currently the CC3200 EMT is not available as EMT target other than a few folks that I have enabled with a beta. I should be able to release this in the next week or so.

Teach us more in this field. After reading on here, we can learn more from this topic.