Neetee

interfacing SD card with msp430f5529 launch pas

5 posts in this topic

hello all,

i am working currently with MSP430F5529 launch pad and looking for SD card library for data logging purpose. i already checked out few libraries which are given on Github. i have added one library to my Energia software. and got following errors

In file included from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/Sd2Card.h:26:0,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/SdFat.h:29,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/SD.h:25,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master\examples\Datalogger\Datalogger.ino:24:

C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/Sd2PinMap.h:371:2: error: #error Architecture or board not supported.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board MSP-EXP430F5529LP.

can anyone help out for this. 

I guess this library has been developed for Arduino, with code specific to a board and the AVR MCU. 

You need a library with no assembler and no MCU-specific code.

Have you tried the library that ships with Energia?

3 hours ago, Neetee said:

hello all,

i am working currently with MSP430F5529 launch pad and looking for SD card library for data logging purpose. i already checked out few libraries which are given on Github.

BTW, there is SD card open source example for MSP430F5529 inside TI USB stack (http://www.ti.com/tool/msp430usbdevpack). It is possible to plug MSP430F5529 by USB to PC and device will be enumerated as disk, with log file on it, that can be opened by notepad.

bluehash likes this

On 4/25/2017 at 4:26 AM, Neetee said:

hello all,

i am working currently with MSP430F5529 launch pad and looking for SD card library for data logging purpose...

This google search string:  msp430 sd card library

returns numerous useful code examples for msp devices. Further, there is this here on 43oh.

bluehash and energia like this

On 4/25/2017 at 3:26 AM, Neetee said:

hello all,

i am working currently with MSP430F5529 launch pad and looking for SD card library for data logging purpose. i already checked out few libraries which are given on Github. i have added one library to my Energia software. and got following errors

In file included from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/Sd2Card.h:26:0,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/SdFat.h:29,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/SD.h:25,

from C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master\examples\Datalogger\Datalogger.ino:24:

C:\Users\hp-pc\Documents\Energia\libraries\SD-master/utility/Sd2PinMap.h:371:2: error: #error Architecture or board not supported.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board MSP-EXP430F5529LP.

can anyone help out for this. 

Hi there...

Did you get your issue solved? please let me know!

thanks