• Announcements

• bluehash

Forum Upgrade   03/11/2017

Hello Everyone, Thanks for being patient while the forums were being fixed and upgraded. Please see details and report issues in this thread. Thanks!

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new to this forum. I apologize for my username! It seemed no usernames I typed were accepted no matter how I varied and interspersed numbers. Well I typed in numbers and hit return and there I was registered with that username.

Anyway, I just rcvd my Tiva EK-TM4C1294XL Launchpad yesterday.

The ti.exosite.com demo worked just fine over ethernet.

Then I downloaded energia. Long story made short is I seem to be getting a timeout when uploading any example. The upload seems to take a long time then gives me the error "an error occurred when uploading the sketch"

I reinstalled the drivers from the Stellaris zip file. The drivers went from version 2.0.9270.0 (which installed automatically) to 2.0.7920.0 from the zip file download. This made no difference. I unplugged the ethernet and tried resetting the board...no difference. My board type shows properly "Launchpad (TIVA C) w/TM4C129 (120MHz)" w COM4 on my computer. Dev Mngr shows all three drivers installed properly. All jumpers seem to be set properly. So I am looking forward to programming on this device. Looks like I will punt and re-download energia again. Perhaps try a new USB cable as suggested.

Any ideas will be appreciated. The verbose output file is attached.

Thank you for any help. I look forward to participating on this forum as I gain experience.

Energia upload error log.txt

I'll update my status. I downloaded Energia again with no change. However I was successful when I tried a different USB port.

Looks like I can get going now!

bluehash likes this

Welcome. And apologies for the registration frustration.

The forum software was upgraded two weeks back and I'm ironing out issues like this. 

Thanks for following up with an update.