Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rickta59

Where do I find the latest Energia Source code?

8 posts in this topic

I have no idea where I would find the source code to version 1.6.10E18 of Energia. I would like to fix issues that I've previously reported and seem to be "sort of fixed" in the msp430-lg-core but aren't.

Could you please point me at the source or release tag?

Also, do you have a roadmap for the future development of Energia? Its progress seems to have stalled.

-rick

yeah .. that is the wrong thing ... which is why I asked.

9 minutes ago, Clavier said:

https://github.com/energia/Energia

But the latest release there is 1.6.8.

Yeah that is not being maintained any more. Look at the commits compared to the EnergiaNG tree.  https://github.com/energia/Energia/commits/master

The latest stuff seems to be in https://github.com/robertinant/EnergiaNG someplace. However I don't see a 1.6.10E18 release tag or even a commit that would indicate where the E18 snapshot was done.

9 minutes ago, Clavier said:

This core does sort of have what is in E18 however there are differences.  In addition, the core is in 2 places.  in the robertinant/EnergiaNG tree and also in the msp430-lg-core.  The msp430 core in EnergiaNG is broken, you have to include <Wire.h> in all your code to get it to compile.

-rick

Also, where are the release notes for E18?  I see ones for E17 on energia.nu but nothing for E18

14 minutes ago, Rei Vilo said:

Why aren't the release notes here: http://energia.nu/releasenotes/ ?

14 minutes ago, Rei Vilo said:

Is there an E18 commit tag I missed in that tree?  

When I build the latest version of that code I end up with a 1.6.11E18 version. However, it is broken for the msp430g2553, at least that one I haven't checked other msp430 core targets.

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop() {
  Serial.println("blah");
  delay(1000);
}

That code will not link and gets an undefine for i2c_txrx_isr() and i2c_state_isr():

/tmp/buildf952838f75b6bd4033bf414decbd1185.tmp/core/core.a(usci_isr_handler.c.o): In function `USCIAB0TX_ISR':
/home/kimballr/EnergiaNG/build/linux/work/hardware/energia/msp430/cores/msp430/usci_isr_handler.c:123: undefined reference to `i2c_txrx_isr'
/tmp/buildf952838f75b6bd4033bf414decbd1185.tmp/core/core.a(usci_isr_handler.c.o): In function `USCIAB0RX_ISR':
/home/kimballr/EnergiaNG/build/linux/work/hardware/energia/msp430/cores/msp430/usci_isr_handler.c:141: undefined reference to `i2c_state_isr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
exit status 1
Error compiling for board MSP-EXP430G2553LP.

If I include <Wire.h> in the code then the problem goes away.  But that isn't the point.

Also, why is the msp430-lg-core in 2 places. The code in msp430-lg-core seems closer to what shipped but it is still different than what is shipped, at least for the linux platform.

2 hours ago, Rickta59 said:

Also, why is the msp430-lg-core in 2 places. The code in msp430-lg-core seems closer to what shipped but it is still different than what is shipped, at least for the linux platform.

As per Two Repositories for MSP430 MCUs and Two Repositories for MSP430 MCUs,

• LG = legacy generation = current tool-chain
  • NG = new generation = new tool-chain —not yet released

msp430-lg-core is the legacy core for msp430-gcc. msp430-ng-core is the next generation core for msp430-elf-gcc. In a couple months I will offer a second msp430 core based on msp430-elf-gcc. This way users can choose to stick with msp430-gcc or move on to msp430-elf-gcc or keep both.

To compile the new Energia NG, you need JDK 1.8 and a specific command, as per Unable to build Energia on Mac OS X

sudo ant -buildfile build-energia.xml clean dist

To all other questions, unfortunately, I don't know. @energia is the best suited to provide answers.

Actually, I'm no longer using the Energia IDE, only the board packages and APIs. I'm using embedXcode on macOS and Visual Code.