Neetee

Msp430f5529 external interrupts using energia

13 posts in this topic

Hello all

I am trying to use external interrupts using energia tried codes which are provided. But these codes are not working as per my requirement need help

I am trying to design menu using key press i have designed this without interrupt but i need to do some data aquisition which is affecting my key press detection. So trying to design same with interrupts

What is the requirement which is not met? Bouncing issues? Button matrix scanning? You need to use NMI?

Trying to put all my queries in one go

I am trying to design a menu system with msp430f55529 launch that menu system consist of user interface for flow totaliser and data processing of signal from flow meter

The data processing consist of some for loops which last for 5secs

This is affecting the key detection instruction that is

digitalRead instruction this is used for checking which key is pressed and after detecting key press the task for corresponding key will be peformed

So i think i need to do it with interrupts

If any proferssional can suggest any other way to rectify my problem

Can you please explain interrupts in energia so that i can write interrupts to make it work

Can you please explain interrupts in energia so that i can write interrupts to make it work

There are many examples here on the forum. The search function(top right) allows you to do this.

My search came up with this: http://forum.43oh.com/topic/2560-interrupts-for-a-newbie/#entry21450

You should also read the documentation on Energia:

http://energia.nu/AttachInterrupt.html

My keys are interfaced at port6

Also i tried example given in above link but it is also not working.

Does port 6 support interrupts? - check the documentation for your processor. I know this is not always so for the processors I have used.

As per the hard copy provided by TI with board they say that all the pins are interrupt enabled

But soft copy says that port 1 and 2 are interrupt enabled

I have also tested the code which are provided on site given by bluehash. But they are not working with switch provided on P1_1

>As per the hard copy provided by TI with board they say that all the pins are interrupt enabled

If you review the user guide for the F5529 page 3 fig. 1-1, you will find that only ports 1 and 2 support interrupts & wakeup (from LPM4), further documented in table 4-1 Terminal Functions

Also, posting the code you're running is the only way for others to evaluate what's happening or not happening...

@@NurseBob

I have checked the softcopy provided it was my mistake to interpret what was written in hard as well as softcopy now i will correct the stuff and will put my results and code with in some time

Thanks for help