Sign in to follow this  
jsotola

warning: missing whitespace after the macro name

here is one of the g++ command lines that gets generated by the energia ide during compilation

problem macro name is highlighted in red

"E:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\tools\msp430/bin/msp430-g++"  -c  -g  -O2   -Wall -Wextra -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -fno-threadsafe-statics  -MMD  -mmcu=msp430f5529  -DF_CPU=16000000L  -DARDUINO=10610  -DENERGIA=10610  -DENERGIA_MSP-EXP430F5529LP  -DENERGIA_ARCH_MSP430 -IE:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\tools\msp430/include  "-IE:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\energia\msp430\cores\msp430" "-IE:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\energia\msp430\variants\MSP-EXP430F5529LP" "E:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\energia\msp430\cores\msp430\main.cpp" -o "C:\Users\xyzabc\AppData\Local\Temp\buildeb17497b6d4359d468573c64f3baa640.tmp\core\main.cpp.o"

it causes this warning ( it can be misleading to beginners )

<command-line>:0:12: warning: missing whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]

making the changes to following two files, while the energia ide is open, clears up the issue because it changes the minus sign in the macro name to an underscore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first file

E:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\energia\msp430\boards.txt

change made

#MSP-EXP430F5529LP.build.board=MSP-EXP430F5529LP      # macro name contains a minus sign (causes the warning) (comment out line)

MSP-EXP430F5529LP.build.board=MSP_EXP430F5529LP       # use an underscore instead (add this line)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

second file

E:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\dist\package_index.json

change made

"boards": [

{"name": "MSP-EXP430F5529LP"},

{"name": "MSP_EXP430F5529LP"},   ...........  add this line ( do not include the dots or any of this comment )

{"name": "MSP-EXP430FR4133"},

{"name": "MSP-EXP430FR5969"},

{"name": "MSP-EXP430FR6989"},

{"name": "MSP-EXP430G2"}

],

problem is that when energia ide is restarted, package_index.json file signature verification fails.

please consider making changes to all the board names 

thank you

oops ... did not see that

i downloaded energia-1.6.10E18 and it has the issue (appears to be the latest release) ... using win7-64

after doing research on the web for a couple of hours, i determined that the minus sign was causing the issue

i started this post because of the package_index.json being signed

it appears that the package_index.json.sig file is generated using gpg and a private key (as per

this: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/4457 )

so is there any way to get an updated package_index.json and package_index.json.sig file to go with it ?

changing only the boards.txt file causes the following: (plus a bunch of other warnings)

E:\programming\MSP430_launchpad\energia-1.6.10E18\hardware\energia\msp430\cores\msp430\atof.c:71:9: warning: floating constant exceeds range of 'double' [-Woverflow]

i think that i may be misunderstanding something .... 

one thing has crossed my mind ... am i on the correct forum for issues with energia-1.6.10E18 ??

js:)