omnicron

Hi from California! What to do with 100+ M430F140 on PCBs

11 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I got my hands on 100+ PCBs with M430F140 CPU and trying to figure out what to do with them?

It has a programming header, 4 Buttons,8 LEDs, 4 Mofsets (6 volt), Battery Input, DC input, 2 Low pressure air transducers (1 psi max) and a buzzer.  Seems like a cool little board.  I also have full schematics.  If anyone is interested in some for a project, Please PM me here.

Thanks

Tim

pcb_front.pngpcb_back.jpg

schematics_page1.png schematics_page2.png

Edited by omnicron

Hmm, interesting puzzle to put all those parts to good use. Given the low max rating, are the pressure sensors differential, i.e. comparing pressure on two inputs?

I couldn't find an MSP430F140. Did you mean F147, 148 or 149? If so, they have a decent amount of Flash (32 to 64K), but only 1-2K of RAM, and a fast (5MHz?) 12 bit ADC. The MCU is relatively slow at 8MHz max.

Hmm, interesting puzzle to put all those parts to good use. Given the low max rating, are the pressure sensors differential, i.e. comparing pressure on two inputs?

I couldn't find an MSP430F140. Did you mean F147, 148 or 149? If so, they have a decent amount of Flash (32 to 64K), but only 1-2K of RAM, and a fast (5MHz?) 12 bit ADC. The MCU is relatively slow at 8MHz max.

You are correct on the PN being 149. One of the chips I looked at the silkscreen was not very clear.  Another one was much better.

The Pressure Sensors are ABP300.  I attached the datasheet to the post.  They are good to about 5.5psi.

I have more docs, let me compile them and upload them.

post-49773-0-12375600-1482458091_thumb.jpg

ABP300T datasheet.PDF

Welcome!

is there a prototyping area on it? That would give people more flexibility.

You could also put it on Tindie.

Unfortunately the boards are already made and assembled.  It was for a failed project and these board have been sitting for several years not being used.  I figured better to let the community use them for cheap than to scrap them. I will have more complete data of the PCBA after Christmas.  BTW I was only thinking about $5 a PCBA + shipping.  Of course bundles and or someone that wants a lot of boards could get them for cheaper.  I am trying to think of some good home automation project they might work well for.

.....Given the low max rating, are the pressure sensors differential, i.e. comparing pressure on two inputs?....

The pressure sensors output are only .5 volts full range so they are amplified by an op amp.  There are two pressure inputs.  They are linear and should be calibrated in software to 0 and 300 mmHg for best use.  I have found some default values that are good for most applications but for best sensitivity calibration is best.    They both set 0 pressure to atmosphere and then compare to that. If you wanted to compare to different values at once you can use them together for read two separate values.  The mosfets can switch about 500 maH each at around 6 volts. The mosfets are protected with a diode and coil. There is a nimH charging circuit that the CPU can see and make actions on.  Voltage and current, I believed, can be measured.  The battery circuit will switch to the 9 volt DC input if DC input is connected and switch back the battery if the battery is connected.  Once the battery is connected the RST line to the CPU is asserted (not sure why).    The Battery LED is controlled by the charging circuit I believe.  The Power button is a soft power that the CPU can see so it can go into a low power mode and change actions.  Other buttons and LEDs can be read and controlled by the CPU.  There are 4 MISC lines from the CPU on pads and tons of test points.  There is actually one more pad for another unused button the PCB that be added in addition to two more LEDs.  There are fuses on all inputs with some polarity protection. Connectors are all JST style. Transducers support slip on tube style at about 2.5mm OD.  Buzzer is CPU controlled and about 85db.  DC input it 2.5mm barrel style 

It seems something that can check for example if an air filter (air conditioning or vacuum) is obstructed by dirt or so. Connect the pipes from the sensors to chambers before and after the filter and measure the difference when fan is on. Mosfets can control a small motor or valve. This is my 2 cents contribution.

I'm going to give these things out FREE for the cost of shipping.  Just send me your address and I will send you a few once you pay for shipping with Paypal.  Make sure you give me your Paypal address in the PM.    Just want to get rid of them and it would be a waste to e-trash them....

I forgot I hadn't put a picture of the back the PCB with the Transducers and Speaker and battery connector.  Thread has been updated.

First boards sent out!  THANKS

USPS Priority Shipping + packaging is as follows:

1-2 PCBs $8

3-4 PCBs $14

This comes with tracking.