B@tto

Members
  • Content count

    169
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

B@tto last won the day on August 27

B@tto had the most liked content!

About B@tto

  • Rank
    Level 2

Recent Profile Visitors

303 profile views
  1. I'm using hardware i2c, and buffer size are the same, but it does not explain why it take so much RAM. Even 100 bytes would be rather normal, but 400 ?! That doesn't sound normal for me and I checked everywhere I don't see where this RAM is used EDIT : I updated to 1.0.2 it's much better with around 200 bytes. I still can't explain this memory footprint with a buffer of 16 ( x 4 if I understand how the library works) so I a read the library, I would say that 100 bytes would be fare
  2. Hi, If I'm not wrong, F_CPU is defined in boards.txt
  3. Hi, Energia of course I'm using the last release : 1.0.1 Regards
  4. Hi, I just noticed an excessive consumption of ram by Wire on G2553 (I did not test on other µC) : 400 bytes !! I took a look at Wire.h but can't find where this memory is used. If anyone can confirm this and/or have an idea about this issue ? Regards
  5. Be carreful, I recently noticed some differences between TivaC pinout diagram and reality. I did not take the time to push this issue on Github but I will do it as soon as possible.
  6. In addition, I succesfully used this one : http://cactus.io/hookups/sensors/barometric/bme280/hookup-arduino-to-bme280-barometric-pressure-sensor I just made some modifications to get sensor working in low power mode.
  7. There is a dedicated channel on ADC with VCC/2. You have to select 2,5v analog ref and select internal channel : analogRead(128 + 11) (if I remember well) 128 + X force energia to select the specific hardware channel X on analog multiplexer without mapping.
  8. Hi, How do you know that the SIM900 send anything ? Apparently you are using the same port for SIM900 and debug so ...
  9. The "normal" process is to make a push on Energia's github, what I did not do (I was having hard times when this troubles came to me, and I'm not a good user of github at all, so I clearly didn't have the time to push this mods).
  10. Hi, Last year I add a lot of troubles with i2c in Energia. I solved them but I don't know if Energia team included my corrections :
  11. Sorry but you have to see something in your serial monitor as you use the function ShowSerialData(), so after each command you should see the module response in the serial monitor.
  12. Hi, What do you get in your serial monitor ?
  13. 32 seconds ? Or exactly 32.768 s ? I understand you're frustration about Wire.h in Energia : I posted several topic about problems with it, and not little ones sometimes ... setModule() just select the i2c port to use. The main reason is that shield pinout was modified since the launchpad creation and TI decided to standardise i2c position. But as for example on MSPG2553 there is only one i2c hardware port, they emulated one on the right pins to be able to use new launchpads shields. In Energia the main problem is that pinout diagram are not clear, or updated, or false. For example, G2 launchpad are not good : i2c module #1 is simply not mentionned, but in stellaris it's ok : http://energia.nu/Guide_StellarisLaunchPad.html but there is an error on Serial4 ... The best way to answer all this questions is to look at the pins_energia.h file of the board used. If I take the one of G2 I found : static const uint8_t SS = 8; /* P2.0 */ static const uint8_t SCK = 7; /* P1.5 */ static const uint8_t MOSI = 15; /* P1.7 */ static const uint8_t MISO = 14; /* P1.6 */ static const uint8_t TWISCL1 = 9; /* P2.1 SW I2C */ static const uint8_t TWISDA1 = 10; /* P2.2 SW I2C */ static const uint8_t TWISDA0 = 15; /* P1.7 */ static const uint8_t TWISCL0 = 14; /* P1.6 */ static const uint8_t DEBUG_UARTRXD = 3; /* Receive Data (RXD) at P1.1 */ static const uint8_t DEBUG_UARTTXD = 4; /* Transmit Data (TXD) at P1.2 */ and later : #define DEFAULT_I2C -1 /* indicates SW I2C on pseudo module 1 */ So if you want to use HW i2c (so use pin 1.6 and 1.7), you have to use Wire.setModule(0) before calling Wire.begin(). Largelly speaking, in Energia I always use this command to be sure that i'm using the expected port. And in my library I always put this command with a preprocessor command to check if I'm working in Energia environnement and get my library compatible with Arduino
  14. I know but as he's reinventing the wheel ...